Moroccan Role: Rilo Kiley Showdown: Jenny Lewis vs. The Elected

Moroccan Role

A Totally Kiler Music/MP3 Blog.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rilo Kiley Showdown: Jenny Lewis vs. The Elected




Rilo Kiley's two principle members both released albums today. RK's front woman Jenny Lewis released her debut solo album Rabbit Fur Coat and The Elected, fronted by RK's guitarist/co-songwriter Blake Sennett, released their second album Sun, Sun, Sun. It seems that Jenny Lewis has been getting more love from the blogs and has been getting better reviews (with the exception of Pitchfork)...is there a clear winner already? Which do you guys prefer? I haven't listened to either enough to form a preference quite yet.

Read what critics have said about Rabbit Fur Coat: Here.

Read what critics have said about Sun, Sun, Sun: Here.


Tunes:

Perhaps for a limited time only, you can download Jenny Lewis' Rabbit Fur Coat in its entirety via Team Love's webpage: HERE.

I personally recommend "Melt Your Heart", "Rise Up With Fists!" (vaguely reminds me of Lucinda Williams), & "The Big Guns".
*If these songs are removed, I'll try to post a couple highlights from the album*

*Update: Track 9 "Handle With Care" seems to be the only track you cannot download from this link. EDIT: This track is a Traveling Wilbury's cover and this is the most likely reason for this.
Jenny Lewis f. Ben Gibbard, M. Ward, & Connor Oberst - "Handle With Care"

Traveling Wilburys - "Handle With Care"



The Elected - "Not Going Home". (right click, "save target as")

M3 Online has 3 other tracks from Sun, Sun, Sun available: Here.



Posted by: Matt

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to give the nod to Jenny Lewis. To be fair, I've only listened to the one song from the Crispin Glover lookalike guy's band and I downloaded Jenny's whole album, but it is such a good album and Crispin's song is so mediocre that I feel I can make an accurate decision. Also, I like Jenny Lewis a lot better than what I've heard from Cat Power.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Jude W said...

Thanks for a great reead

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home